JG_Legal
JG_Legal, Barrister
Experience:  Experience of consumer law, financial regulation and criminal law.
79731440

I was stopped by police on 21/02/15 and have

Customer Question

hi, I was stopped by police for speeding on 21/02/15 and have not heard anything from them till 16/09/15 a summon was post to me , I would like to know whether it is the true that the police should sent me the summon within a 6 months time period, thank, mr li
Expert:  JG_Legal replied 2 years ago.
You need to find out when the 'information' was given to the court by the police. This essentially means when the police gave the information of the case against you to the court so a summons could be issued. The police must do this within 6 months of the offence i.e. 21/02/15. The court then has longer than 6 months to issue the summons.If the police sent the information to the court after 21/07/15 then you will be able to say it is too late and not valid.If this answers your question please press accpt. If you require further clarification please ask.
Expert:  JG_Legal replied 2 years ago.
If this answers your question please press accept. If you require further clarification please ask.