75100385

I've received a notice of intended prosecution but the name

Customer Question

Hi I've received a notice of intended prosecution but the name it is addressed has been misspelt to the V5. The NIP states is was manned equipment and alleged 35mph in a 30 zone. Is the NIP void as the name is misspelt?
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.
No. I assume you accept you are the owner as it has just been misspelt. If you contest it and the matter goes to Court the prosecutor will just apply to the court to correct the name spelling and that will be allowed. As long as the person is identified and you accept it is you, then a slight mistake wont make the NIP invalid.
I am sorry if this is not the answer you want and certainly not the one I want to give you, but I have a duty to be honest.
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
If this answers your question could I invite you rate my answer before you leave today.

If the system won’t let you please click reply.

Please bookmark my profile if you wish for future help: http://www.justanswer.co.uk/law/expert-alexwatts/