75100385

I have a current small claim against an individual. The defendant

Customer Question

I have a current small claim against an individual. The defendant has served an acknowledgement of service and a defence, the case has been allotted to the small claims track and there is to be a hearing on 6 November. I have to pay a hearing fee by 6 October failing which I have been told my claim may be struck out. I feel that even if I win at the hearing there is very little chance I will get my money back. If I simply dont pay the hearing fee, will that be the end of it? Or am I at risk of the defendant trying to claim their costs against me? (She has appointed her son to act for her, all he has done so far is file the acknowledgement of service and her defence).
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you.
You are at risk, the other side may then ask that by abandoning the claim you have acted unreasonably and seek costs against you. If you discontinued then that is fine, but don't let your case be struck out.
If this answers your question could I invite you rate my answer before you leave today.

If the system won’t let you please click reply.

Please bookmark my profile if you wish for future help: http://www.justanswer.co.uk/law/expert-alexwatts/