Buachaill, Barrister
Experience:  Barrister 17 years experience
53108719

Could you help i married a armenian lady 30 august 2014 and

Customer Question

could you help i married a armenian lady 30 august 2014 and she as lived here on and of since 2000 and permanent since 2011 and she as a permanent residents visa .but we have been to armenia and when we come back we have problems .would you .could you help us to obtain a british passport for my wife her d.o.b is 26 /11/1945 .my d.o.b / plus she does not get any benifits at all.
thankyou
mr alan lowe and mrs seda lowe
ps email address***@******.***
Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 1 year ago.
Expert:  Buachaill replied 1 year ago.
1. Dear Alan, if you are a British citizen, your Amernian wife, Seda, will be able to obtain citizenship and a British passport either on the basis of five years continuous residence in the UK, which would be at the latest next year - 2016 - or after three years of marriage - on 30 August, 2017. Here is the form she can fill in https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploadss/attachment_data/file/458114/form_an_v_05_15_01_09_2015.pdf
Be aware that your wife would be able to make an application before next year if she could show she hasn't spent more than 450 days outside the UK in the last five years. In your question, you state she only has lived in the UK permanently since 2011. However, if she didn't spend much time outside the UK in the first year, she could make an application for citizenship right away. Here is a link to the requirements https://www.gov.uk/becoming-a-british-citizen/check-if-you-can-apply
If she has spent less that 450 days in five years outside the UK then she can make an application for citizenship immediately.