12826847

My neighbours are renting private they have been served an

Customer Question

My neighbours are renting private they have been served an asbo for loud music we have had abuse from them we have complained to the landlord but he does nothing it is the landlord I want to make complaints about can u help
Why don't you report breaches to the council?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I have spoken to the council but they wouldn't help
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
All I asked them was where do I make a complaint about a landlord
You don't make a complaint about the landlord to the council. You make a complaint about the breaches of the ASBO caused by the tenant. They can act upon breaches of the ASBO.
There isn't an organisation for complaining about landlords. In principle you could sue him in private nuisance on the basis that he has allowed his tenants to behave in a nuisancing manner but I wouldn't suggest it. That would be expensive and has no guarantees of success.
A better option is to complain about the council's failure to act. That is free to do and they should be acting upon breaches of their own ASBO.
Can I clarify anything for you ?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
It has nothing to do with the music now all quiet he is allowing his tennants to annoy us and does nothing
If the tenant isn't acting in breach then there is no basis for anybody to do anything at all.
I'm afraid you don't have a right not to be annoyed. Neighbours are annoying sometimes. We all have to ignore them.
You have a right not to be the subject of nuisance but that is a different issue.