Thomas Judge
Thomas Judge, Lawyer
Experience:  Over 25 years experience in law
27487359

My father who is 65 and has english as a second language signed

Customer Question

My father who is 65 and has english as a second language signed a tenacy agreement for a log cabin to sell fruit and veg for a fixed term tenacy of 1 year. It has no ealry release termination clause. However, on the first day of trading my father realised it was not a viable business for perishible goods as it is located in a garden centre grounds whioch is seasonal. I told the co-owner my farther wished to abrogate his tenacy. He said he would have to wait for his brother co-owner whose name is ***** ***** not signed on the tenacy agreement. His brother was on holiday and waiting for him to sign on return which is tommorrow. Is the contract valid. It has no witness clause or signed dated at the end. Only a date on front. My father did not understand that he has to rent for a year regardless. In short is the contract valid if it is not sighned by the owner whom is still on holiday and we wish to terminate before both parties have signed and informed the co-owner of this.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
we are having a meeting tomorrow any advice on how to negotiate out of this mess or our legal rights. Does my farther have to keep trading at a loss.
Expert:  Thomas Judge replied 1 year ago.
what was represented when he entered in to the agreement?