12826847

Evening, I have been accused of fraud at my workplace. I had an interview ystday wherein I

Customer Question

Evening, I have been accused of fraud at my workplace. I had an interview ystday wherein I have been suspended, they state they need to investigate further.
I have been using other peoples coupons for myself-i was so scared/emotional yesterday I said they were my mums but they're not.
So worried, I have wrote and handed in my resignation this morning as believe this is best option. In my letter I admitted to using other peoples coupons, also used opportunity to explain myself.
I have been struggling fir quite some time, difficult marriage then long,drawn out divorce. My ex was ordered by the court to vacate the house, he has left and we have no assistance from him, financially or emotionally. I believe that this has had more of an advers affect on my mental wellbeing than I thought. I am so ashamed, sooo worried about what happens now-cant go to prison as what would happen to my children
Are you asking what sentence you will face?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I so worried as to what happens now, will my employers accept my resignation and no further action. Or will things still proceed?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Where/how do i rate your answer when i receive it?

I will have no way of knowing whether your employers would call the police.
I can help you if you have criminal questions.
Or I can pass this onto an employment specialist.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

What is the usual practice/procedure?

What usually happens

Employers decide whether or not to call the police. As with everything else, it is entirely a matter for them. Some do and some don't. As with everything else, some crimes are reported and some are not.
If they do call the police then it will be investigated.
If there is reasonable suspicion then they will probably invite you in for interview. They may make an arrest but I would expect a voluntary interview in these circumstances.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

If it is reported, i attend police interview-clarify I've been a prat, then what will happen?

Whats the nature of the fraud and how much?
What is the nature of your position in the company?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I have used other peoples money-off vouchers for my shopping, unsure of amount.

I am a customer assistant, been with company 10 years

What is the rough amount?
More than £100? Less than £1000?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Under 1000,

But over £100?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Yep, i'm unsure whether my employers will use just 1incident or investigate further and collate incidents.

Well, I would sit quietly and hope they do not.
If it is a lowly sum there is an outside chance they will just give you a police caution. Generally that wouldn't be available for an offence of theft from employer because of the breach of trust.
If that fails though it will probably be a fine or a low level community order at court.
This does depend on the condition though that the sum of money was fairly low.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Ok, I just so worried but will have to wait and see how employers reply to my letter - see how it goes. Thank you

Yes, do nothing. They may not report it and even if they do the police might not investigate it properly.