Buachaill, Barrister
Experience:  Barrister 17 years experience
53108719

I am a British Citizen and my wife is a non-EEA citizen; On

I am a British Citizen and my wife is a non-EEA citizen; On appeal the Home Office has granted Residence Documentation (Type of Document: Derivative Residence Card.) The Residence Document is valid for 5 years until 07/2020. IS MY WIFE SUBJECT TO IMMIGRATION CONTROL? Thanks.
Expert:  Buachaill replied 1 year ago.
1. Yes, your wife is subject to immigration control as she hasn't got a right of settlement which "Indefinite Leave to REmain" would give her. However, after 3 years living in the UK with you, your wife can apply for both settlement and naturalisation as a citizen with a British passport, as the spouse of a British national can apply for citizenship after 3 years living in the UK with their spouse.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

My wife's Residence Documentation makes no reference about recourse [or not] to Public Funds; the only 'Remarks' are: 'Employment & Business Activities Allowed'. DOES MY WIFE HAVE ACCESS / RECOURSE TO 'PUBLIC FUNDS'?