12826847

I believe my Girlfriend is being discriminated at work by her

Customer Question

I believe my Girlfriend is being discriminated at work by her employer due to her disabilities and I am unsure what we can do about it.
She works for a company called Rose Revolutions, a sales and marketing company, who have employed her on a "self -employed" contract, where she goes door to door signing people up to charity subscriptions, she is paid on commission only by the employer.
She has Anxiety, panic attacks and Depression and uses anti-depressants to help control these issues, further she has extreme eczema (whole body including full-face) which flares up under stress. However her employer has forced her to use small training room with around 10 people inside who were all made to shout out the sales pitch to each other with extremely loud music (indoor concert levels) played from and iPod dock. This caused her to have panic attacks and she requested to do the training away from the loud noise. She was then made to do the pitch just outside the open door and had more panic attacks. These repeated panic attacks caused her eczema to become infected and her boss made her stay at home for a week, when she returned the boss made her go into the training room again and she had another panic attack and he sent her home.
During this period between getting sent home she was able to perform the sales job fine, talking to more customers than expected and making sales as a trainee which is not to be expected either.
After returning to work the boss complained about the fact that she had not been in for the time that she was told to take off due to her eczema.
She was told to hand in a proof of address for her ID badge and was told it would take 2-3 days to arrive. 2 weeks later she brought in another proof of address (since the other one was old but she was advised it would be acceptable) and was then told that her old address was not in fact acceptable, it has now been a week since she handed in her new proof of address and has yet to get her ID, if they have even bothered to send off her details at all.
Due to her lack of ID she hasn't been able to go out and make sales (O.T.E £200-£250 a week)
Also due to her stress and eczema she hasn't been able to sleep and overslept and thus missed her early doctor’s appointment to get more anti-depressants, since then she has had withdrawal symptoms of increased stress, crying, insomnia, worse eczema etc.
She informed her boss of her condition and of the fact that she cannot handle the loud music and wishes to do her morning training in one of the many empty rooms in the office away from the noise.
Some other complaints are that during her sales trips to go door to door she was not allowed to take breaks in order to moisturise her eczema (in summer) and was also discouraged from taking a bag contain her lunch(she is dairy intolerant so doesn't want to buy food while out), asthma inhaler and moisturiser.
I feel as if she has been discriminated against and since she is the only income earner in the household since I am a full-time student it has been very stressful the past few weeks in terms of money.
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.
Hello, my name is***** am a solicitor on this site and it is my pleasure to assist you with your question today. How long has she worked there for?
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.
Hello, not sure if you saw my initial query above - How long has she worked there for?