75100385

I (and I suspect some of my neighbours) have seen a dog-walker

I (and I suspect some of my neighbours) have seen a dog-walker allow his dog to foul my front garden which is open-to-the-road . The owner clearly makes no attempt to stop this and has been known to say "dogs can go where they like" and does not wish to engage in any sensible conversation.
What, please, is the legal position on this?
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.
Do you know who this person is please?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Alex, good morning

No.. We suspect he lives within 1/4 mile ... certainly not on our road. One end of the esate has a public footpath so would form a convenient 'loop' for exercising his dog.

You can complain to the Local Council, but they may need an address for doing anything. If you want to issue proceedings and seek an injunction, you would also need an address.
Once you know who they are I suggest you get a Solicitor to write and ask that they stop allowing their dog to do that or you will issue proceedings within 14 days. If it carries on then you can issue proceedings and seek an injunction to stop the person. You would need to complete forms N1:
http://hmctsformfinder.justice.gov.uk/courtfinder/forms/n001-eng.pdf
N16a:
http://hmctsformfinder.justice.gov.uk/courtfinder/forms/n016a-eng.pdf
You are asking the court to order that they stop letting the dog foul. The Court will list the matter for hearing and decide whether to make an order. If the court does and they breach it, this is contempt of Court and they can be warned, fined or sent to prison.
But you will need to know who this person is to take any effective action.

I am just following up to see if there is anything else I can help with?

If you have not done so already might I ask you to rate my answer before you go today please, the button should be at the bottom of the screen.

If you need more help please click reply.