31090051

In my late mothers will leaves me as a specific bequest "all

In my late mothers will leaves me as a specific bequest "all my household furniture and furnishings and all of my family history books and memorabilia not otherwise specifically gifted by my Will or any Codicil." I am not sure what this means exactly.
For instance, is furniture and furnishings, furniture, carpets, curtains etc. or does it include other items that make a house a home such as vases, clocks, and wall hangings such as prints and paintings? Note that the only prints and paintings my mother has are of very low value, mainly being mass produced items.
Expert:  JGM replied 2 years ago.
It will cover everything which is furniture and everything which is a furnishing. The definition of "furnishing" is:
"the instrumentalities (furniture and appliances and other movable accessories including curtains and rugs) that make a home (or other area)"
So the definition of "household furnishing" would be everything that is commonly found in a home which makes a home.
I hope this helps.
Please leave a positive response so that I am credited for my time.