75100385

My son had an altercation with his ex and she called the police

Customer Question

My son had an altercation with his ex and she called the police saying he pushed her and pressed charges. This is now about to go to court - she says she has tried to withdraw it but the police say they have to commence. He says he did not and would not touch her and pleads not guilty. As he has just passed his training to become a teacher he is worried that this will mean he will not be able to get a job and she has ruined his career before it even begins.
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.
Has she given a statement saying she does not support the prosecution? Was there a 999 call or anything?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Her friend apparently called 999 as my son was trying to speak with him as he thought he was a new man in her life - My son says he did not show anger just insisted that he told him how long it had been going on ( He is 6ft 5 and he tries to stay calm due to his size as he says it is intimidating) He was arrested - he assures me he did not push her or put his hand on her but her friend who could not see what was going on just hear told the police he did PS he apparently has a very serious conviction under his belt and had only been out of prison a couple of days. My son has been told he will not turn up in court because of this but this is only speculation

Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Ok. She can refuse to give evidence, that is something which can be done. But the Court could (I dont know what the contents are) convict on the 999 tape.
But the Court has to be satisfied so they are sure than an assault took place based on the 999 tape. I dont know what it contains but it seems that is all the evidence they can use.
If she doesnt turn up at Court that helps your son.
Experience: Solicitor with 5+ years experience
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

If neither of them turn up in court will this go better for my son? Will they be prosecuted for not turning up? Will this go on his DBS check and stop him from getting employment based on the fact that he swears he did not and would not touch her and she says he pushed her. It seems to be a very petty crime to penalise him so heavily.

Do not not get a reply now that I have paid and rated?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I sent a question some time a go and have not got a reply - are you still working on this or is it a case that when it is rated that is the end of the sesssion

Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Sorry I was working on it. They could be prosecuted for not turning but very unlikely. It wont show if he is found not guilty on a DBS check under convictions etc. There is a section by police which is any other information ie for clearance working with vulnerable people they can enter he was charged but not convicted, but again unlikely
Does that help?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Thank you I will show him this when he gets back it may ease his mind. He is very stressed about this as he has never been in trouble with the police in his life - Just fallen in love with the wrong kind of person.

Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Indeed. I wish him well.
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.

I am just following up to see if there is anything else I can help with?

If you have not done so already might I ask you to rate my answer before you go today please, the button should be at the bottom of the screen.

If you need more help please click reply.