Nicola-mod
Nicola-mod, Moderator
Experience:  Moderator
73944119

Is it necessary to have licence to promote overseas property

Customer Question

Hi Is it necessary to have licence to promote overseas property sales by way of small exhibitions in China to Chinese investors. Thank you Terry
Expert:  JG_Legal replied 1 year ago.
There is no licencing requirement equivalent to financial products promotions, if that's what you were thinking of. Promoting property is not a regulated activity and therefore, as far as UK law is concerned you do not need a licence to do what you propose. I am not sure about licencing for Chinese authorities.If I have answered your question please accept my answer. If you require further clarification please ask.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Thank you for your reply. However, it no way addresses the question posed. I am fully aware of the laws pertaining to promotion and marketing of properties in the UK to investors/buyers and indeed a lot of other countries. I specifically requested an answer on the rules as they pertain to China which you seem to have ignored. Terry O'Connor
Expert:  JG_Legal replied 1 year ago.
Terry apologies, I cannot assist you further. I am an expert in the law of England and Wales, and UK financial services regulation. You did not specifically ask whether a licence was required for the Chinese authorities. I did specifically say I wasn't sure; so I didn't ignore that potential aspect of your question. I will opt out of this dialogue and hopefully another expert can help you.
Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for contacting JustAnswer.co.uk.
It was brought to our attention that you asked a legal question about China, where we do not have active professionals. As much as we would like to assist you, we have to be honest and say that the best we can do is maybe to provide a legal Internet researcher who might be able to find your answer. We realize that option is not ideal, and we always want to provide our customers with the best possible answer.
At this time, we'd like to give you the option of leaving your question open. Keep in mind that you're never obliged to accept an answer that you're not satisfied with, and you can try it out before you accept. Or, we can close your question page for you, if you prefer.
Please let me know how you’d like to proceed,