31090051

JGM. I have a question from you in relation to a question

Customer Question

Hello JGM. I have a question from you in relation to a question I had previously asked you.
Expert:  JGM replied 1 year ago.
How can I help you?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

On 9th of April 2015, you advised me in detail and provided me with complete text of the relevant law, and stated that i could withhold service charges in accordance to Section 21a of LTA 1985. I need to talk to you about this.

Than you

Expert:  JGM replied 1 year ago.
How can I help you?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Hi, apparently this is not so and this legislation has not been enforced. May I know how are you sure this is an enforced act?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Relist: I still need help.
I still need the same expert to respond. As it relates to the answer he had previously given and I need to know more about his response.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Relist: I still need help.
can you stop closing this question before it is answered. I have been waiting for this question to be answered for the past couple of months.
Expert:  JGM replied 1 year ago.
At the time that this question was posted, the information I had was that this section was about to come into force and indeed it was referred to in some court cases on the subject. If the government has decided not to bring it into force or has delayed the operational statutory instrument then that would change the answer to your original question.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I am really disappointed by your response. You have been extremely irresponsible. Frankly as a lawyer as you say you are, you would know, that if a legislation is not enforced and has not been passed and approved by the government, IT IS NOT LAW and cannot be used in courts as it does not help the case or make any difference. Please advice where exactly did you get this idea that it was becoming enforced although irrelevant ? As far as I know this legislation has been suggested in 2008 and has just been sitting there. So how do you claim it was becoming enforced at the time of my question which was April 2015? And which cases it was successfully used? as I find it really strange.