13262538

Good afternoon. My mother is considering re marrying, and

Good afternoon.
My mother is considering re marrying, and has been told her existing will,, becomes null and void even though she wants to keep everything as stated within that will. She has also been instructed that she can no longer have myself (her only child ) and her eldest granddaughter as executors of her will. Can you please confirm whether this is now the law ?
Clive
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
HiThank you for your questionMy name is ***** ***** I shall do my best to help youIt is correct that the Will is revoked on her marriage, and she will need to do a new oneHowever she can still appoint the same executors provided they are over 18.I hope that this is of assistance- please ask if you need further detailsClare
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your prompt response. Your answer satisfies my question.