How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jo C. Your Own Question
Jo C.
Jo C., Barrister
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 70211
Experience:  Over 5 years in practice
Type Your Law Question Here...
Jo C. is online now

My son has been recalled to prison charge assult on

Customer Question

my son has been recalled to prison for one charge assult on beating his victim made a serious allegation in magistrates court this then went to gbh however medical evediencce was called for and the gbh was dropped now he has two charges assult on beatin the first charge and abh how is this possible as he has only been recalled for one charge
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I will try to help with this.
Because they do not need to prove guilt to recall. People are quite commonly recalled on mere allegations. The recall provisions are not subject to the presumption of innocence.
I imagine they just recalled because there was an allegation.
If this is standard recall then it will be considered again in 28 days.
Can I clarify anything for you?
Jo C. and 2 other Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

but why is there two charges now when he was only recalled for one

Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
Probably because they have preferred other charges.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

can a siliziter change a statement over a video link without permission of the defendant and sign it on the defendants behalf

Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
Can who?
Not sure what you mean by a siliziter?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

my sons siliziter arranged a video link and started changing his statement said he could sign it on his behalf is this legal so siliziter changing statement my sons but my son did not agree

Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
He can't have made a statement. Defendants don't make statements.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.


Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
No problem.
All the best.