Alex J.
Alex J., Solicitor
Experience:  Solicitors 2 years plus PQE
13113900

My Dad died in March 2014 in Trinidad having repatriated there

Customer Question

My Dad died in March 2014 in Trinidad having repatriated there 12 years ago after 40years of living in the UK. My brother managed his bank accounts while he was in Trinidad and closed those accounts after Dad died. He said initially that there was £45000 in the accounts, now he says there is only £5000. He also said that there is no money from the sale of two houses that Dad owned and sold some years before he died. Is there a legal process by which Dad's accounts over the past 12 years (at least) can be scrutinised to verify my brother's claims? Thank you.
Expert:  Alex J. replied 1 year ago.
Hi, Thank you for your question and welcome. My name is ***** ***** I will assist you. Were any of his assets based in the UK? Kind regards AJ