31090051

Amending a partnership agreement-Does this require consent

Customer Question

Amending a partnership agreement-Does this require consent of all the partners?Some are suggesting that green socks Clause should be included in the partnership agreement, but not agree
Expert:  JGM replied 2 years ago.
A variation of a partnership agreement requires the consent of all partners unless the agreement provides that a particular partner or group of partners may do so without reference to the others.
Typically the addition of an expulsion clause would require unanimous agreement.
Please leave a positive response so that I am credited for my time.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Thank you for the explanation. 1 partner who is due to retire in a year or two have slightly different views to others regarding changes to the agreement for new partners. I feel green socks clause is oppressive and have expressed my views. I have rated the reply as excellent due to it being very useful to the point and clear

Expert:  JGM replied 2 years ago.
Thank you. I tend to agree with you in that the clause in isolation is oppressive. It should only be used in the event that a partner commits some kind of offence or breach.