13262538

Included in my divorce settlement my ex husband was to continue

Customer Question

Included in my divorce settlement my ex husband was to continue paying into a savings policy . The court papers state quite clearly that upon its maturity it would be paid in full to my daughter. Unfortunately she has asked about it ( she is 23yrs) and is studying medicine. Her father has cashed it in and kept the money!! Is there anything that can be done to obtain this money that is rightfully hers?
Hazel fisher
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
HiThank you for your questionMy name is ***** ***** I hall do my best to help youCould you just confirm the exact wording of the order relating to the policy
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
And upon the respondent undertaking to the court to continue to maintain the premiums on the l and v policy, policy no64930356116 which policy was taken out by the parties for the benefit of the child of the family Eleanor rose fisher until maturity of the aforesaid policy and upon maturity the proceeds of that policy to be paid to Eleanor rose fisher.
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
Excellent thank youWhen did it mature - and do you know how much it is worth?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It was due to mature in 2010 unfortunately I do not have the policy document so have no idea to its value
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
was the policy in joint names or his sole name?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Cannot remember exactly but think it was in joint names
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
There are two possible ways forward, but the starting point is to discover more about the policy.If the policy was in joint names then the company will give you the details about when the policy was cashed in and how much was received.Armed with this your daughter would be able to sue her father for the monies using the Money Claim online servicehttps://www.moneyclaim.gov.uk/web/mcol/welcomeAlternatively (and even if you cannot find out more information) you can apply to the court to enforce the order You would use a D11http://www.familylaw.co.uk/system/uploads/attachments/0002/0835/D11.pdfand apply for him to prove the amount received and pay it to your daughter.I hope that this is of assistance - please ask if you need further details
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
To what address would I submit the D11 ?
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
You will need to go back to the Court that issued the original order