13262538

I have a child with a n ex girlfriend, we never lived together. I

Hi, I have a child with a n ex girlfriend, we never lived together.
I am not on my daughters birth certificate, but have always had contact every other weekend and one evening per week after school.
I have paid £50 per week maintenance, always cash, so there is no record of this payment.
We have always managed to keep things on a friendly footing .
During the last 5 years ex girlfriend married and subsequently a messy divorce ensued.
She did not receive the settlement she expected.
Now she is asking me to double my payment to £100, the child maintenance calculator works out on my current earnings to £50.90 per week.
I have offered a raise to £70 per week, but she says this is not enough and is threatening legal action, putting my house and anything else of value at risk?
She had copies of my tax return showing earnings of approx £24000 per year, for her previous settlement with ex husband .
What do I do.
Regards Robert.
HiThank you for your questionMy name is ***** ***** I shall do my best to help youDo you have any income from any other sources?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
No other income
Very roughly what capital assets do you have
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
A house £400,000. No mortgage, nothing else of real value. £10'000 savings towards a pension.
How is your ex housed at the moment?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Rented 3 bed house
What happened to the Matrimonial Home - and where was she living prior to the marriage
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Matrimonial home was a farm that her ex had inherited. I think because it was a farm he was able to keep it. The settlement is still being contested through appeal.
Previous to the marriage she was in 2 bed rented house.
May I ask - why did you let her have your income details - she should not have needed them for the divorce
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
She said they needed them and if I did not I would be asked by the courts for them.
I felt I had nothing to hide.
They didn't - but as you said you have nothing to hide!Since you are already offering more than the CSA assessment you have nothing to fear - there is no legal action that your ex can take thatwill cost you anything at all (other than sleepless nights which sadly I cannot cure)Had you only just separated then I would have concerns about the possibility of her making a claim for housing assistance - butthe fact that she has been married and moved on means that that is no longer a risk!I hope that this is of assistance - please ask if you need further details
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Is the csa calculation the benchmark that a judge would look at?
Could she claim for back dated payment, if she denied that cash payments were made.
She did state in the recent court hearings that we had always kept things amicable and that she was happy with the situation.
I really don't want her to have any claim on my home.
She cannot apply to the court - she has to apply to the CSA and no claim (to either) can be backdatedShe has no claim on your house!