75100385

In January we purchased a mercedes c class from a main dealer

In January we purchased a mercedes c class from a main dealer for £13850. Within 4 months of ownership the car developed issues with losing power ( going into limp mode).This is dangerous as when accelerator is pressed you get no response.
The car went in to be fixed under used car warranty 3 times, none of which were successful.
We asked for our all money back so we could buy a new mercedes and put a large deposit down.
The salesman said our car was only worth 8000 (after only 7 months of ownership), they said they would give us 9000 as a good will gesture.we were sure we were entitled to a full refund.
The salesman said buying a new car was the best option as mercedes eventually wouldn't want to pay out anymore under the warranty. So we decided to accept a deal on a new car. This was a desition based on safety for my 2 disabled children as we need a reliable safe car for hospital etc.
We feel robbed as we feel we should be entitled to the rest of our money back, I have tried complaining to mercedes uk but they said as we did a new deal they couldn't do anything. I think we were manipulated into the deal the salesman. Can I please have your thoughts. Thank you. Mike
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you,
What is if you want to achieve?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

We are trying to get a full refund I. E the outstanding 4850 pounds we feel we are owed. Mercedes are saying we should have asked for a refund before we dealt on a new car, we did ask though, and the salesman said the finance manager said it wasn't possible.

Also during the ownership of the car it was in the repair workshop for 2 out of 7 months.

We believe we were sold a faulty car, it may not be intentional but still it was severely faulty.

Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
You need to write and set out your losses and request a refund within 14 days or say you will go to Court within 14 days. You should make sure you send this signed delivery and keep a copy.
If they do not refund you then you can issue proceedings in the County Court. You can either do this online at: www.moneyclaim.gov.uk or by completing form N1 http://hmctsformfinder.justice.gov.uk/courtfinder/forms/n001-eng.pdf and take it to your local County Court.
The Court will then issue a claim which a copy will be sent to the Defendant who will have a limited time to defend it, if not you can enter Judgment and enforce.
If the claim is for £10,000 or less it will be a small claim so you will not need legal representation. Over this value you would need representation for trial.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

The deal for the new car was 15 days ago . Mercedes dealership phoned today with there decline to refund outstanding balance so 14 days from when? Thanks

Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
From the date you write. Does that help?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Yes thankyou. They did offer a good will payment of 250, which we thought was insulting.many thanks for your help.

Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Indeed. Good luck
If this answers your question could I invite you rate my answer before you leave today.
If the system won’t let you please click reply.
Please bookmark my profile if you wish for future help: http://www.justanswer.co.uk/law/expert-alexwatts/
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.

I am just following up to see if there is anything else I can help with?

If you have not done so already might I ask you to rate my answer before you go today please, the button should be at the bottom of the screen.

If you need more help please click reply.