29905560

I have a neighbour who closes a door deliberately to wake me

I have a neighbour who closes a door deliberately to wake me up at 03.15am every night. It is not slammed but loud enough to wake me up.
She will not talk to me.
Any solutions?
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.
Hello, my name is***** am a solicitor on this site and it is my pleasure to assist you with your question today. How does she know that you have complained and are compiling a log?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

The local authority sent her a letter

Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.
The first step would have been to try and resolve this personally with her, although you have already tried that and she is ignoring your correspondence. If a personal approach does not work then you may consider involving the authorities, which you have also tried. They have sent her a letter but this gives her a warning that she is being investigated and she can adjust her behaviour so that it does not disturb you for a period. What should ideally happen is that the noise levels are monitored or recorded without her knowing about it. Whether the Council will go to such lengths when this is a single source of noise once a night is questionable so you may have to do that yourself by getting some recording equipment and leaving it on to show that what you say is actually happening. You could then use that as evidence to complain to the Council again and show that what you claim is true.
In the meantime you should consider taking steps to minimise the nuisance, such as wearing ear plugs. I understand it is not an ideal situation but this is mainly about trying to show that you what you claim is happening and doing so in a way which would not warn her in advance so that she can adjust her actions to try and hide what is actually happening.
I trust this has answered your query. I would be grateful if you could please take a second to leave a positive rating (selecting 3, 4 or 5 starts at the top of the page). If for any reason you are unhappy with my response or if you need me to clarify anything before you go - please get back to me on here and I will assist further as best as I can. Thank you