75100385

Rented my house out and charged £150 /month and £150 worth

Customer Question

hi, rented my house out and charged £150 /month and £150 worth of repairs at £10 /hr. this is very cheap for area. Think I might have messed up by not having agreement for the repairs part, but that was flexible for him to choose how he paid,work or balance of £300 rent,as per tennency agreement, a standard 6 months one. Six month tenancy ends oct 16 2015. Several weeks ago he moved his adult son in and his three yr old grandson who is there up to 2 weeks at a time.I found this out by chance, as I live abroad. The house is a building project although tennent had own room. I kept a bedroom and a living room, mainly to leave the rest of the house empty for the repairs. I want to give notice to the tennent and the son, it is a very dangerous place for a child. He might not worry but I do. I have renters insurance. What sort of notice do I give to tenant and what sort to son. they say he has been there 3 weeks but it looks longer and the neighbours say it is longer.
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.
Have you ever lived in please?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
hi, don't quite understand your email. It says your name is ***** ***** this right? Also, don't understand what you mean by "have you ever lived in please". Are you able to telephone me? I have two numbers 01490 430821 and 01691 718242. This is very time sensitive situation as I am leaving the country and have to have the answer as to which terminations to serve today. Thank you.
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
I can call you but it is an additional service. Have you ever lived in the property with the tenants there - you said that you kept a bedroom and living room.
Experience: Solicitor with 5+ years experience
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
hi my mom was there with the tenant for 2 weeks when he was moving in the building supplies and tools. he had a tenancy for a room rental, this was replaced with a six month shorthold when my mom left. my sister is coming on the 18th oct. the arrangement was that it would still be a base to use if we visited for a couple of days, especially to help with, pay for building materials etc and to have a check in. Its a big house and were pretty separate. he has had family members use the bedroom, not agreed in advance, just found this out, it's trashed and now the son is living in it and the grandson is using the living room as a bedroom. so worried about the 3 yr old on a building site being left to run loose unattended. it was a building job that I offered to let him stay on site etc thanks
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Do you have a number we can speak on?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
have ticked box for fone conversation so hope it goes through. I will be at *********** from about 12.30 if this is any good. having to leave the internet now. i'm at 01490 430 821 for about 15 mins Thanks georgine
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
I have just tried on both numbers, no reply!
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
hi could you keep trying. i'm at 01490 430821 tonight and in the morning. then at 01691 718242 during the day tomorrow. if there is no answer, it's because i'm driving between the two. my friends mobile is *********** and he is either driving me or knows where I am. thanks for help. georgine
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Sure.