29905560

Someone took photo of me when drunk without my permission and

Customer Question

Someone took photo of me when drunk without my permission and has posted it online calling me what can I do asked them to remove it and he won't it is on facebook
Hello, my name is***** am a solicitor on this site and it is my pleasure to assist you with your question today. Where was the photo taken?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
In a pub
There is generally no expectation of privacy in public places and it is not illegal to take photos of others in the circumstances. There are some rules that would cover photos taken by a professional photographer and used commercially but private photos can be taken without seeking the consent of the subjects.
You will see a detailed summary of your rights here:
http://lindsaydobsonphotography.com/blog/photographing-people-and-children-in-public-places/
I am afraid the person has not done anything illegally by taking a photo of you and then publishing it. It is an unfortunate situation but not an illegal one. The only way to remove it is by getting them to do it so you will; have to plead with them.
I'm sorry if this is not necessarily the answer you were hoping for, however I do have a duty to be honest and explain the law as it actually stands. This does mean delivering bad news from time to time. I hope you understand and would be happy to provide any further clarification if needed. If you are still satisfied with the level of service you have received I would be grateful if you could please take a second to leave a positive rating by selecting 3, 4 or 5 starts at the top of the page. Thank you
Hello, I see you have read my response to your query. Please let me know if this has answered your original question or if you need me to clarify anything else for you in relation to this? If your query has been dealt with please take a second to leave a positive rating by selecting 3, 4 or 5 starts from the top of the page. If you need further help please get back to me on here and I will assist as best as I can. Thank you.
Hello, do you need any further assistance or are you happy with the above response? Look forward to hearing from you.