Buachaill, Barrister
Experience:  Barrister 17 years experience
53108719

I sent my eea residence permit application in and did my

i sent my eea residence permit application in and did my biometrics on july 24th. it is now september 24......can you tell me about how long till i recieve a decision letter? i am leaving to thailand on november 20th and i will need my passport and my residence card....if they approve it.

my email is***@******.***......it wont let me confirm my email

Expert:  Buachaill replied 1 year ago.
1. Dear *****my, the UK Border AGency promises a response to EEA visa permit applications within 8 weeks. I can only assume that because of the holiday period intervening during the two months you have waited that there is a backlog of applications which are waiting to be cleared. However, you can rest assured that any delay will not be great and certainly you will have your passport back within two more months when you wish to travel to Thailand.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

oh great.......thank you. its a little piece of mind....i thought it would be faster i just didn't account the holiday period. thank you again

Expert:  Buachaill replied 1 year ago.
2. Dear *****my, Please RATE the answer. It is necessary to Rate the answer so that your Expert gets a share of the monies you have already deposited with the website.