13262538

I was contacted in June 2014 by a family research company to

I was contacted in June 2014 by a family research company to say that I am a beneficiary to the estate of a deceased cousin. I think there are 17 beneficiaries (my 7 brothers and sisters and 9 cousins). 14 of us signed up to one company. The others signed to another company. Apparently the other company applied for probate first and I have been told that everything is now in their hands. On behalf of my 7 brothers and sisters I have been trying to find out what progress has been made but I have been told by the solicitors dealing with probate that information can only be given to the Administrator of the estate. However, they won't tell me who the Administrator is (I have always assumed it was the solicitor who applied for probate). Is there anything I can do to pursue this? I'd be grateful for some advice. Thank you.
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
HiThank you for your questionMy name is ***** ***** I shall do my best to help you.The Solicitors are correct - they can only speak to the Administrator - who must be one of your cousins.You can find out which one by obtaining a copy of the Grant of Letters of Administration using the service herehttps://probatesearch.service.gov.uk/#willsPlease ask if you need further detailsClare
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you. ***** purchase what is available, what information will it contain. I assume it will give the name of the administrator. Will it give the value of the estate?
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
It will tell you the name of the Administrator and give you the overall gross and net values of the estate.