Nicola-mod
Nicola-mod, Moderator
Experience:  Moderator
73944119
Law

My son has just had his car insurance cancelled by the insurer.

They say they are cancelling... Show More
They say they are cancelling it due to the black box recording high speeding.
My son was the policy holder but his father owned the car. Apparently the insurance company spoke to his father a couple of times about the excessive speed but never to my son. I would have thought they should have spoken to the policy holder and not just a named driver. My son lives with me so doesn't see his father that much.
He has never had a speeding ticket, caught on a camera or by the police, not had an accident or made a claim and I am wondering how accurate these black boxes are and whether the data they give can be used to stop you getting insurance again.
We are struggling to get insurance for him now as I tick the "have you ever had insurance cancelled......." statement and then most insurers come back with can't quote or it is very expensive.
I am wondering whether to obtain details from the CUE to see if the cancelled insurance has been logged on there and if not then it is just that particular insurance company that has chosen not to insure him anymore and that we don't have to tick the "cancelled insurance" box again.
Sorry for the long winded question.
Hoping you can give some advice.
Show Less
replied 2 years ago.
What would you like to know about this please?
Customer reply replied 2 years ago.

Whether to obtain details from the CUE to see if the cancelled insurance has been logged on there and if not then it is just that particular insurance company that has chosen not to insure him anymore and that we don't have to tick the "cancelled insurance" box again.

Jo C., Barrister replied 2 years ago.
I'm sorry but I don't do insurance work.
I will opt out to see if others can help.
This is more of a contract question than a traffic one.
Customer reply replied 2 years ago.

OK, thank you!

Nicola-mod, Moderator
replied 2 years ago.
It seems the professional has left this conversation. This happens occasionally, and it's usually because the professional thinks that someone else might be a better match for your question. I've been working hard to find a new professional to assist you with your question, but sometimes finding the right professional can take a little longer than expected.
I wonder whether you're OK with continuing to wait for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will continue my search. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you.
Customer reply replied 2 years ago.

Hi Nicola,

Thank you for responding. Please feel free to cancel the question if you are struggling to help me on this occasion.

Do I get my payment refunded?

Look forward to hearing from you.