12826847

We moved from london to the north east rented a property through

Customer Question

we moved from london to the north east rented a property through a property agent we paid deposit and 12 months rent up front we arrived with our large removal van, previous tenant had left in a dreadful state their furniture everywhere doors hanging off unit,door fell and cut my partners foot, the lights have blown, boilers not working they want to send electrician tomorrow no fire alarm what redress do we have we want to put our things into storage and look for a new place to live how do we get our 11grand back that we paid yesterday HELP
Won't the agents put it right?
How long will that take?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

They should never rented it out to us in a state like this, they said the landlord would keep the other tenants deposit and make the repairs We are both retire through ill health and my partner has had three brain hemmorages so he needs to be stress free

Ok.
So, will the agents put it right?
How long is that likely to take?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

The agents will address the problems but are a bit iffy on timescale

Have they given you any idea? They need to be clear.