Jenny
Jenny, Solicitor
Experience:  Qualified Solicitor specialising in Employment Law and general legal matters. Please start your question For Jenny Only
32019188

I started with a new start Australian beauty product

Hello I started with a new start Australian beauty product company in June as a sales manager /trainer and was given a contract stating that I would have a monthly retainer and paid per contract for June and July. I then had a call from owner to say he needed to cease trading in UK for a week or so as he needed to sort a legal issue out that had come to light and that I would be paid until sorted, I have now emailed x 6 times and called x 12 times with no reply then send a letter to their UK home asking that I had reply within 7 days or I would start legal proceedings to recover two months salary and a month in lieu of notice and so far had no reply. What is best was to proceed. thanks
Expert:  Jenny replied 2 years ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** I am happy to help you today.
You can bring a claim against them in the Employment Tribunal.
First you need to engage ACAS early conciliation. You can find details of this at www.acas.org.uk/
Once this process starts they will contact the employer to tell them if they do not rectify matters you will claim. Hopefully this will lead them to pay you in accordance with the contract.
If it does not then you can raise the claim at www.employmenttribunals.gov.uk
if you have any further questions please do ask. If I have answered your question I would be grateful if you would take the time to rate my answer. Thank you and all the best.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Hello what are my chances of a successful outcome?
Expert:  Jenny replied 2 years ago.
If you have been told you would be paid then they are in breach of contract for failing to do so.
If they simply did not start your employment with no promise to pay then the situation would be different as you would not be entitled to any compensation in those circumstances unless the contract had started.