I rent 24/7 storage. The premises has a roller shutter door

I rent 24/7 storage. The premises has a roller shutter door that opens with a access fob.
I opened the door and reversed up to unload. The door then came down a few minutes later without warning and badly scratched the back of my vehicle.
Another tenant then pointed out that sensors only stop the door coming down if you are parked right in the doorway. I then see signs stating that the owners accept no responsibility for vehicles that reverse in. I was not aware of this and thought you had to close the door again with the access fob.
Do they have a responsibility for the damage?
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.
Did you ever ask how to operate the door?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I was shown how to open and close with the fob

Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
How much is the damage?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

not had estimate but £200ish

Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
You need to write and set out your losses and request a refund within 14 days or say you will go to Court within 14 days. You should make sure you send this signed delivery and keep a copy.
If they do not refund you then you can issue proceedings in the County Court. You can either do this online at: or by completing form N1 and take it to your local County Court.
The Court will then issue a claim which a copy will be sent to the Defendant who will have a limited time to defend it, if not you can enter Judgment and enforce.
If the claim is for £10,000 or less it will be a small claim so you will not need legal representation. Over this value you would need representation for trial.
Experience: Solicitor with 5+ years experience
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.

I am just following up to see if there is anything else I can help with?

If you have not done so already might I ask you to rate my answer before you go today please, the button should be at the bottom of the screen.

If you need more help please click reply.