29905560

Had various loans with HSBC that ppi was sold to me i was under

had various loans with HSBC that ppi was sold to me i was under the impession that if i did take out ppi my loan would be more favourably looked at also i was never told that i could get ppi from some other party. I have been paid out on my last loan witch i had paper work for but then i contacted them to say that i had previous loans that i paid ppi on but no paper work for as they were over 7 years ago. How do i get hold of my records for these
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.
Hello, my name is***** am a solicitor on this site and it is my pleasure to assist you with your question today. You may find it difficult to find records from your banks going back more than 6 years because they will only keep records for that period of time. Keeping records for 6 years is their legal obligation so they would not be required to keep paperwork older than that. As such if you have asked them for these records and they no longer have them you will probably find it impossible to get them as they would have been under no obligation to keep them. The usual way to get such records is to make a subject access request by contacting them and advising them you are making such a request and specifying what records you want copies of. However, if the records no longer exist, then obviously they cannot provide these and they would not have done anything incorrectly by not keeping them. Some people have found it very difficult or impossible to claim for PPI going back more than 6 years for these reasons.
I'm sorry if this is not necessarily the answer you were hoping for, however I do have a duty to be honest and explain the law as it actually stands. This does mean delivering bad news from time to time. I hope you understand and would be happy to provide any further clarification if needed. If you are still satisfied with the level of service you have received I would be grateful if you could please take a second to leave a positive rating by selecting 3, 4 or 5 starts at the top of the page. Thank you
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.
Hello, I see you have read my response to your query. Please let me know if this has answered your original question or if you need me to clarify anything else for you in relation to this? If your query has been dealt with please take a second to leave a positive rating by selecting 3, 4 or 5 starts from the top of the page. If you need further help please get back to me on here and I will assist as best as I can. Thank you.