12826847

I enrolled on a training course and after paying

HI, I enrolled on a training course and after paying for it I read up bad reviews, he assured me they were false and untrue and emailed me saying that if I wasn't satisfied with the course I would get a 100% refund, the bad reviews about the training establishment were in fact true and I have complained, but they refuse to give a refund as they believe the training was good enough, does that email I received from them offering me a refund count as a legal document that they should give me a refund if I wasn't satisfied? Thank you
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
Have you received the training?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I have started it but not finished as they are not delivering what is promised, in our portfolio we are given it says we must have experience in the gas industry and that the course is not intended for new entrants, we were all new entrants and we all complained that we were not getting the right training

Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
How much have you done?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

5 weeks

Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
OK. And how long is the course?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

8 weeks

Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
OK.
What did they promise that they are not offering?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

2 weeks work placement which we paid for, they have put it down to 1 week and forcing the students to create there own gas leaksand fixing them in the training centre to try fill up the portfolio which shouldn't be done, they promised that we would be trained in how to service boilers gas fired and cookers which we didn't, so when we go on placement we don't know how to do the job, its suppose to be 1 on 1 placement so we can complete the jobs while a qualified gas engineer supervises but they are trying to rush people through so students are having to pretend they actually done the work by copying each other when there are 2 maybe 3 on placement at the same time

Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
So, in short they offered a two week placement and it is only one?
And they haven't yet covered servicing in boilers?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

yes

Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
Does the email that you were sent say out right that if you are not satisfied he will give you a refund?
Or is there a different wording?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

it says in exact words 'I am that confident that I will offer a 100% money back guarantee on any money you will have or will have paid if any of the training is not up to your standard or if we fail to deliver anything that is promised'

Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
You would normally struggle to claim a refund in these circumstances but I think you could rely on that.
Ultimately a lot of these courses are poor substitutes for proper training. That doesn't give rise to a claim per se unless they say satisfaction guarantees which they never do.
Further, you have had five weeks of the training which makes it even harder.
However, if that email was sent before you booked then it is a representation that was made to you and clearly something you would have relied upon and ultimately you are not of the view that it is up to standard. It was clumsy use of language on his part and he might have to suffer the cost. Failing that, your point seems to be that they are not delivering what was promised and that is a specific point of cancellation.