12826847

I brought 4 new tyres (kumho KL71 ) 235/85R16 all terrain tyres

I brought 4 new tyres (kumho KL71 ) 235/85R16 all terrain tyres for my land rover, didn't do any off roading , the car only did approx 200 miles when I noticed the two rear tyres had big splits in the side walls, I had the tyres removed by kwik-fit ( who thought that they were faulty) and returned them to the supplier, who had them assessed by the manufacturer who said it was missuse or malicious damage.
I was wondering if there is an independent party I could use to check and if necessary fight the decision.
Steve Lemon ( Cambridgeshire).
What was the cost please?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I paid £660.00 for 5 wheels and 4 tyres.

Ok. You need to determine how much you are prepared to spend on this.
There isn't an independent body that will litigate for free I'm afraid. You can always complain to trading standards but it isn't really their remit.
The correct means of challenging this would be to sue at the small claims court but if they contested it you would need to instruct an expert to examine this damage and that is more expensive than the claim probably. Also, you do bear the risk that it might not be decided in your favour I'm afraid.
However, they may cave in when you sue. It is not a huge sum of money and they are a big company who do have better things to do than contest actions of this nature.