How JustAnswer Works:

  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.

Ask Thomas Judge Your Own Question

Thomas Judge
Thomas Judge, Lawyer
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 32824
Experience:  Over 25 years experience in law
Type Your Law Question Here...
Thomas Judge is online now

My parents put a property in trust my father passed

Resolved Question:

My parents put a property in trust for me my father passed away in 1997 and my mum in 2013. When I spoke to my parents solicitor regarding changing ownership in November 2013 he said he would deal, I have seen online through land registry that the deeds have not been changed.
I have emailed solicitor twice neither have been replied to.
Can I sort it out myself or does the solicitor have to organise change?
Thank you for your help
Debbie Revell
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  Aston Lawyer replied 1 year ago.

Hello and thanks for using Just Answer.

My name is ***** ***** am happy to assist you with your enquiry.

I take it that your parents names are ***** ***** the Deeds and there is no reference at all of you on them?

In what format did they put the property on trust for you. Was this done in their Wills or another document?

I look forward to hearing from you.


Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I was just told that it was put in trust to me. I was kept very much in the dark.

When I viewed title deeds there was no mention of the property. My mother changed her will, the original mirrored my father's however mum felt it was heavily in favour of my brother. He made an estoppel claim, the solicitor was to be a witness for my brother had it gone to court this is why I think the solicitor is being let's say difficult. My council said that the solicitor had broken the code of conduct because he divulged private and confidential information which only my parents and he should have been privy to!

So that's why I wonderedif I really need to deal with him or can sort it out myself.

I have potential buyers for the house but can't sell if I don't own property! !

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Hi I dont seem to have received a reply from last message

Expert:  Thomas Judge replied 1 year ago.
Realistically if the solicitor has been made the executor of the estate then it should be for him to undertake the transfer. It is frustrating that he has not done this yet and I would be minded to escalate the matter as you are the beneficiary. I would write to him again copying the senior partner or complaints partner into the letter/email seeking both an explanation and time frame for the resolution. It is a simple process once the estate has been finalised and would not normally take more than 102 months. Happy to discuss. Please rate positive.
Expert:  Thomas Judge replied 1 year ago.
I hope that this helps - please rate positive - thanks
Thomas Judge, Lawyer
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 32824
Experience: Over 25 years experience in law
Thomas Judge and 2 other Law Specialists are ready to help you

What Customers are Saying:

  • Thank you so much for your help. Your answers were really useful and came back so quickly. Great! Maggie
< Previous | Next >
  • Thank you so much for your help. Your answers were really useful and came back so quickly. Great! Maggie
  • A quick response, a succinct and helpful answer in simple English. I believe I can now confront the counter party with confidence -- worth the 30 bucks! Rick
  • Wonderful service, prompt, efficient, and accurate. Couldn't have asked for more. I cannot thank you enough for your help. Mary C.
  • This expert is wonderful. They truly know what they are talking about, and they actually care about you. They really helped put my nerves at ease. Thank you so much!!!! Alex
  • Thank you for all your help. It is nice to know that this service is here for people like myself, who need answers fast and are not sure who to consult. GP
  • I couldn't be more satisfied! This is the site I will always come to when I need a second opinion. Justin
  • Just let me say that this encounter has been entirely professional and most helpful. I liked that I could ask additional questions and get answered in a very short turn around. Esther

Meet The Experts:

  • Jo C.

    Jo C.


    Satisfied Customers:

    Over 5 years in practice
< Last | Next >
  • Jo C.'s Avatar

    Jo C.


    Satisfied Customers:

    Over 5 years in practice
  • Ben Jones's Avatar

    Ben Jones

    UK Lawyer

    Satisfied Customers:

    Qualified Solicitor - Please start your question with 'For Ben Jones'
  • Buachaill's Avatar



    Satisfied Customers:

    Barrister 17 years experience
  • Max Lowry's Avatar

    Max Lowry


    Satisfied Customers:

    LLB, 10 years post qualification experience
  • UK_Lawyer's Avatar



    Satisfied Customers:

    I am a qualified solicitor and an expert in UK law.
  • Kasare's Avatar



    Satisfied Customers:

    Solicitor, 10 yrs plus experience in civil litigation, employment and family law
  • Joshua's Avatar



    Satisfied Customers:

    LL.B (Hons), Higher Prof. Dip. Law & Practice