Thomas Judge
Thomas Judge, Lawyer
Experience:  Over 25 years experience in law
27487359

My parents put a property in trust my father passed

My parents put a property in trust for me my father passed away in 1997 and my mum in 2013. When I spoke to my parents solicitor regarding changing ownership in November 2013 he said he would deal, I have seen online through land registry that the deeds have not been changed.
I have emailed solicitor twice neither have been replied to.
Can I sort it out myself or does the solicitor have to organise change?
Thank you for your help
Debbie Revell
Expert:  Aston Lawyer replied 1 year ago.

Hello and thanks for using Just Answer.

My name is ***** ***** am happy to assist you with your enquiry.

I take it that your parents names are ***** ***** the Deeds and there is no reference at all of you on them?

In what format did they put the property on trust for you. Was this done in their Wills or another document?

I look forward to hearing from you.

Al

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I was just told that it was put in trust to me. I was kept very much in the dark.

When I viewed title deeds there was no mention of the property. My mother changed her will, the original mirrored my father's however mum felt it was heavily in favour of my brother. He made an estoppel claim, the solicitor was to be a witness for my brother had it gone to court this is why I think the solicitor is being let's say difficult. My council said that the solicitor had broken the code of conduct because he divulged private and confidential information which only my parents and he should have been privy to!

So that's why I wonderedif I really need to deal with him or can sort it out myself.

I have potential buyers for the house but can't sell if I don't own property! !

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Hi I dont seem to have received a reply from last message

Expert:  Thomas Judge replied 1 year ago.
Realistically if the solicitor has been made the executor of the estate then it should be for him to undertake the transfer. It is frustrating that he has not done this yet and I would be minded to escalate the matter as you are the beneficiary. I would write to him again copying the senior partner or complaints partner into the letter/email seeking both an explanation and time frame for the resolution. It is a simple process once the estate has been finalised and would not normally take more than 102 months. Happy to discuss. Please rate positive.
I hope that this helps - please rate positive - thanks
Thomas Judge, Lawyer
Experience: Over 25 years experience in law