75100385

I undertook a building survey but haven't been

I undertook a building survey for someone but haven't been paid. The request came from a third party and not the company the survey was for although they did request it.
The survey report is in the name of the company it was for and sent directly to them. Whilst it shouldn't have been I'd rather be honest and say the job was being done for cash. I keep getting told by third party that they haven't been given the money yet but I don't believe them as they keep saying they are going to get it but they don't. I suspect they have had it and spent it.
I am now in a position where I want my money but not sure what to do.
Should I invoice the job as it really it should have been in the first place and see what happens?
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you.
Who instructed you, was it the person who hasnt paid you?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi, It was the third party although they are not a company or anything and just know the person who wanted it done. The company it was for made all the arrangements and even called me on the day of the survey so it's not as though they don't know about it.

You need to write and set out your losses and request a payment within 14 days or say you will go to Court within 14 days. You should make sure you send this signed delivery and keep a copy.
If they do not pay you then you can issue proceedings in the County Court. You can either do this online at: www.moneyclaim.gov.uk or by completing form N1 http://hmctsformfinder.justice.gov.uk/courtfinder/forms/n001-eng.pdf and take it to your local County Court.
The Court will then issue a claim which a copy will be sent to the Defendant who will have a limited time to defend it, if not you can enter Judgment and enforce.
If the claim is for £10,000 or less it will be a small claim so you will not need legal representation. Over this value you would need representation for trial.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Thank you. Can you confirm that it is the company the survey was for that is liable and not the third party?

Correct, they instructed you,

I am just following up to see if there is anything else I can help with?

If you have not done so already might I ask you to rate my answer before you go today please, the button should be at the bottom of the screen.

If you need more help please click reply.