75100385

Recently referred business to a Web... I recently referred

recently referred business to a Web... I recently referred business to a Web design company worth £220K - I was assured by my first contact at this company that 10-20% referral fee would be payable I later negotiated with the MD to give me a contract for
services worth £5KPM in lieu of this fee. He is now reneging and refuses to pay me anything. I have no written contract - do I have a case?I should add that I have a Skype conversation and emails which, whilst they don't precisely nail down ta deal, nonetheless
illustrate copious activity between us to consummate the business between the agency and my client, and make my expectations clear.
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you.
Yes you have a claim, there is an intention by Skype as well as oral for the fees
You need to write and set out your losses and request a payment within 14 days or say you will go to Court within 14 days. You should make sure you send this signed delivery and keep a copy.
If they do not pay you then you can issue proceedings in the County Court. You can either do this online at: www.moneyclaim.gov.uk or by completing form N1 http://hmctsformfinder.justice.gov.uk/courtfinder/forms/n001-eng.pdf and take it to your local County Court.
The Court will then issue a claim which a copy will be sent to the Defendant who will have a limited time to defend it, if not you can enter Judgment and enforce.
If the claim is for £10,000 or less it will be a small claim so you will not need legal representation. Over this value you would need representation for trial.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Thanks Alex do I need to employ a solicitor to manage this for purposes of perception of validity of the claim
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
The claim is 10--20% so what should I claim?? As we hadn't arrived at a figure?
No, you dont need to.You can claim yourself unless it goes to trial.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Can you advise on the figure I should claim for? The claim is 10--20% so what should I claim?? As we hadn't arrived at a figure?
Claim at a higher figure, you can always go down in Court. Or keep it at £10,000 or below to keep a small claim.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Well 20% is over £40K so I guess that's the correct figure to go in with??
Yes, that would be correct.