75100385

How many dogs are you allowed to keep in a built-up residential

How many dogs are you allowed to keep in a built-up residential area and how close can the kennels be to the next door neighbours house
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you.
Have you complained to the Council yet please?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No I have not tried the council. If I complain it will be registered. And I plan to downsize next year. I am worried that the 12-14 dogs neSt door will make it hard to sell my property.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I want to know if there is anything I can do through a solicitor.
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Ok - well there is no legal answer, ie 6 dogs and 2 kennels. It all depends because if you had a big house and neighbours far away it would be different then if you were living in a residential street with terraced houses. You can get a Solicitor to write and say its too noisy but if they refuse you then need to consider your next move.
This could be either go through the Council, make a complaint and they will investigate it as noise nuisance. Or you could issue proceedings and get a noise abatement notice. But you may wish to get a Solicitor to write first - clearly there is a cost to this but it may resolve your issue.
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.

I am just following up to see if there is anything else I can help with?

If you have not done so already might I ask you to rate my answer before you go today please, the button should be at the bottom of the screen.

If you need more help please click reply.