12826847

I have been recieving letters from aan energy Co. demanding

Customer Question

I have been recieving letters from aan energy Co. demanding money for both a gas and
electricity account.I have phoned them several times and told them I don't owe this money.
They said they would sort the matter, but, they still kept sending more demands.
Today I have recieved two more demands from two debt collection agencys, threatening me , that, if I don't pay, I will face court action.
I don't owe this money, which is for a total of £182.35 incl. admin. fees.
I have also been threatened with having my credit rating damaged,if I didn't pay up.
I Warned them back in July, if they sent me any more demands or threatening letters,
I would take them to court, as it's causing me alot of anxiety
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
What would you like to know about this please?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Can itake them to court for unfair demands.
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
No. There is no claim arising from receiving a demand that you do not owe.
I suppose at the very outside you could argue that it is a harassment if you keep receiving claims but the loss arising from that is very difficult to quantify I'm afraid.
If they put a default on your credit rating and you have to take more expensive loans on that basis then that would be different and would give rise to a claim but that hasn't happened yet.
You could complain to the Ombudsman but no more than that I'm afraid.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Can I sue them if they damage my credit rating.
Can I sue them for making me iThat's fine .thank you Jo.
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
Not for damaging your credit rating per se. But if you have to take loans at a ruinous rate you could maybe.

I'm afraid that a court will not accept that receiving demands is sufficient to make a person ill.

Sorry if that is bad news.