Alice H, Solicitor/Partner
Experience:  Partner in national law firm
30932268

How can I check the bonafides of a property developer

Hello, How can I check the bonafides of a property developer in uk?, I am thinking of investing in one of their projects

The company is

Pinnacle Alliance

207 Regent Street 3rd Floor

London
W1B 3HH
England
Expert:  Alice H replied 1 year ago.
My name is ***** ***** I am happy to help you this morning.
Expert:  Alice H replied 1 year ago.
One of the first things you would check is whether the company is registered with Companies House. I can see that they have been registered since July 2015 under number: 09673284.
Expert:  Alice H replied 1 year ago.
The sole director of the company is Andrew Dixon based at an address in Congleton. Using this information you could do a credit check on Mr Dixon and also request more information about the business accounts, their business plan etc. Given that the company was only recently incorporated you might want to think very carefully about investing in them without having more information about their business plans, other investments and creditworthiness.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Sorry I replied before I saw your last post. Could you pls guide me to the following

1. How to check for legal cases against a given company

2. How to perform a credit check on an individual such as Mr Dixon

Expert:  Alice H replied 1 year ago.
You can carry out these checks immediately using Registry Trust Online: http://www.trustonline.org.uk - they hold the database for Court judgments, orders and fines against individuals and businesses. There is a small fee payable.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Thanks and which sites do you recommend for Credit checks?

Expert:  Alice H replied 1 year ago.
The information held by credit references agencies (relating to judgments, orders and fines) is taken from Registry Trust - this is the or airy source of court information. So if you do a check with Registry Trust that should be sufficient for your purposes. But if you want a full credit check done then you need to speak with Experian www.experian.co.uk or Equifax www.equifax.co.uk - I would be surprised if they hold much information about the company as it was only incorporated two months ago but they might be able to give you some insight into the background of the director.