75100385

I was involved in an accident last year. My insurance

Customer Question

I was involved in an accident last year. My insurance company at that time fixed my car. The police were unable to trace the driver. The accident happened in Warwickshire. The council are asking me to pay for the traffic lights and other work done around the lights when i crashed into them because the other driver came into my lane. My insurance company have already told the coucil that they will not pay for the invoice as they cannot get the money back from the other drivers insurance.
Do I have to pay for the repairs to the traffic light as the council are asking me for the payment?
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you.
Was it the other persons fault?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Yes. They came into my lane without indicating.

Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Ok, then you won't be liable. Your insurers will cover it if you are liable. If the council issue proceedings your insurers will take it over.
Either way you are not personally liable. It's for the insurers to sort out with the council and not you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Hi Alex

My insurance have said they wont pay for it because there is no way for them to get the money back. They would lose out.

Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
That's not your problem, it's not them to claim it back from the MIB.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I have claimed money from the MIB a few months after my accident. But that money was used to sort out my shoulder which suffered from wiplash. What do i do? My insurance have said no, they wont pay, do i go back to them and say that they are still liable for this payment?

Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Its a matter between your insurers and the Council - its not your fault. They need to sort it between them.

Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.

I am just following up to see if there is anything else I can help with?

If you have not done so already might I ask you to rate my answer before you go today please, the button should be at the bottom of the screen.

If you need more help please click reply.