12826847

I share the title to a terrace house in

Customer Question

I share the title to a terrace house in London with two other freeholders. We each have a flat in this house. On purchasing the freehold we took on ourselves the maintenance of the building, sharing the expense in prescribed proportions. I am the the only freeholder resident in the building and it has fallen to me to engage contractors where necessary to carry out necessary repairs and refurbishment, keeping the others advised and seeking their approval beforehand, unless urgent repair is required to avert damage. We don't contribute to a fund for all this; I pay for it and then ask the others for their contributions. This method works well with one of my freeholders, but I have difficulty with the other, who uses excuses for not contributing: e.g. that I haven't sought more quotations, or I haven't kept her informed. To help me enforce payment, I plan to call a freeholders' meeting to obtain ratification of certain urgent actions of mine and approval for certain future repair work, using some form of tele-conferencing to include the compliant freeholder who lives and works outside the country. He and I would have a majority vote, both by number and combined property value. Should I comply with legislative provision for this procedure? E.g. is the management of a large block of flats subject to legislation which might encompass our little operation of only three flats? Kenneth XXXXXX

Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 1 year ago.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Hello Nicola

That's O.K. - I can wait a few days, but please let's get it through by Wednesday next week.

Sincerely

Kenneth XXXXXX

Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 1 year ago.
We will continue to look for a Professional to assist you.
Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 1 year ago.
I apologise as we have not yet been able to find a Professional to assist you. Do you wish for me to continue to search for someone to assist you or would you like for us to close your question at this time?
Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 1 year ago.
Please understand it is rare for us not to be able to find the right Professional to assist our customers. We can close this question and return your good faith deposit to the original funding source on request.
Please let me know how you wish to proceed and again I apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused.
I hope you will give JustAnswer a try again in the future,
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Please close the question and refund my payment of £38.00 .

Kenneth McCosh