Thomas Judge
Thomas Judge, Lawyer
Experience:  Over 25 years experience in law
27487359

We sold a franchise to a teacher who worked running

Customer Question

We sold a franchise to a teacher who worked for us running our after schools performing arts clasdes. The five year contract was up for renewal in July 2015. We met in May and our franchisee wanted to re-sign. The new contract was sent out and was never
signed but the franchisee is still operating. We are only a small company and this is our only franchisee. Where do we stand legally.
Expert:  Thomas Judge replied 2 years ago.
The starting point will be the terms of the franchise contract. It should set out the basis both of renewal and any breaches. This document is thus key. I would suggest that you get the terms checked. On the basis that they are in default I would consider getting a local solicitor to write to him putting him on notice that he is in breach of the franchise agreement and thus owes you money. Happy to discuss. Please rate positive.

I hope that this helps - please rate positive - thanks