12826847

I advertised my house , i got a lady who want to rent

I advertised my house for rent, i got a lady who want to rent it due to it needing decorating i said you can have a month rent free if she decorated to her own taste and she agreed, due to the property being in flintshire north wales and she was moving from hereford i ask if she would like the key aweek before to start decorating she was hsppy to do that, but the day before she was due to sign the contract and moved in she sent me a text saying she wasnt moving in, i wrnt to my property to find she ripped out my wooden floors in 3 room and ripped wall paper off in 4 rooms leaving the house un rentable with damages of around £1500 . Is there any thing i can do to claim money for damages
I presume she didn't pay a deposit?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

No she was going to pay it when she signed contract

Do you know if she has any money?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Not sure but she said she had no problems paying the rent before she pulled out, could i claim criminal damages

Do you have her address ? Don't give it to me but do you have it?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi no not hers butbher sister who helped her rip out my floor has moved in across the road from my girlfriend

Do you know her full name?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

The one who was going move into my property is jessica nicole williams

Okay.
You have a variety of options. You could actually report this to the police as this is simple criminal damage. However, the answer you would probably get is that it is a civil matter which is untrue but it is apparently considered less important than allegations that gets people tried to kiss someone in the 1970s or, of course, the mediation of domestic squabbles which we euphemistically call abuse.
In any event, that doesn't really secure compensation so probably isn't the best option.
You can sue her but you will need her address. You don't have it. She is going to give it to you. You could use a tracing agent to locate her. That would probably cost between £50-£100 and that is not recoverable.
However, if you get over that hurdle then you can sue her in the small claims court and I cannot imagine what her defence would be.