Jenny
Jenny, Solicitor
Experience:  Qualified Solicitor specialising in Employment Law and general legal matters. Please start your question For Jenny Only
32019188

I went to a nhs dentists and paid treatment in cash

I went to a nhs dentists and paid for my treatment in cash one mouth later I was told by nhs uk that I still owed them £18.50 would that be the case.
Expert:  Jenny replied 2 years ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** I am happy to help you today. Did you get a receipt for your original cash payment and have you queried this with your dentist?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Yes I got a receipt for my tteatment
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
No I have not queried it with my dentist as all my dealing have been with nhs uk
Expert:  Jenny replied 2 years ago.
ok well I would suggest that if you were told by your dentist you had paid in full then you are not liable to pay NHS UK any further sum of money in respect of the treatment.
If I were you I would either visit the surgery in person or call them to say you have received the demand in error as you have paid in full and therefore do not owe any further money. You should contact NHS UK to tell them that you have already paid in full.
If you have a receipt for the payment or can show you have paid by bank card then all the better. Either way the dentist should have a record. If you were told you had paid in full you should not be liable to pay any further amount so there is no need for you to pay.
I would not ignore it though, just query it with the dentist.
If you have any further questions please do ask. If I have answered your question I would be grateful if you would take the time to rate my answer. Thank you and all the best.