75100385

I had a peer to peer loan last year consolidation.

I had a peer to peer loan last year for debt consolidation. I managed to maintain 7 full payments a part payment and then no payments. I wrote to the company with an inventory of my creditors, including amounts and a proposal to pay a reduced amount. They refused this proposal, in spite of this I made a payment but they returned it to me.
I have now received a court claim from them. I did not sign a credit agreement. Is there any advice for me please?
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you.
Was it signed online?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Hi Alex,

Yes, I believe it was

Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Ok. Then in that case it is legally binding. You do not need an actual signature. So even if it was not signed, you accepted the money and repaid some of it.
I am sorry if this is not the answer you want and certainly not the one I want to give you, but I have a duty to be honest.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Hi Alex,

Thank you, ***** ***** that would be the case. Obviously I want to avoid judgement but can't pay the loan in full. I have already offered what I can afford with a breakdown of my income and expenditure. This was refused by the company. I have no assets due to a previous divorce and I have a car on HP.

Would the court enter a judgement? What could I do to avoid this?

Ironically the money used for this loan was to settle my solicitor cost and court fees from the divorceFrown

Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
The Court is likely to enter Judgment yes, I am sorry. All you can do is ask C to agree to an order which does not involved Judgment.
I am sorry.
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.

I am just following up to see if there is anything else I can help with?

If you have not done so already might I ask you to rate my answer before you go today please, the button should be at the bottom of the screen.

If you need more help please click reply.