75100385

I recently purchased a vw transporter brand new, it has

Hi, I recently purchased a vw transporter brand new, it has suffered rodent damage on the wiring harness, it is not covered under warranty which to some degree I understand, however I have recently learned that the wiring harness may be made out of a food based product, which as these cables are exposed I feel it was inevitable to happen, and feel that a vehicle with under 4000 miles should not have had this especially as the car industry has known about these issues for some time. I feel that Volkswagen could have put some measures in place to prevent this occurring. I add to this the scandal that is going on and feel that I want to hand the vehicle back and get my deposit back. Would this be possible?
Dave
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.
What is the cost of repair please?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
£500 plus vat
You need to write and set out your losses and request a refund within 14 days or say you will go to Court within 14 days. You should make sure you send this signed delivery and keep a copy.
If they do not refund you then you can issue proceedings in the County Court. You can either do this online at: www.moneyclaim.gov.uk or by completing form N1 http://hmctsformfinder.justice.gov.uk/courtfinder/forms/n001-eng.pdf and take it to your local County Court.
The Court will then issue a claim which a copy will be sent to the Defendant who will have a limited time to defend it, if not you can enter Judgment and enforce.
If the claim is for £10,000 or less it will be a small claim so you will not need legal representation. Over this value you would need representation for trial.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Thankyou for your reply, with the vw issue as a whole with the scandal going on can I hand the vehicle back and receive my deposit amount back?
Dave
Sadly not. Its only if it can't be driven could you reject it. But you can certainly claim for the cost of repair.
Does that help?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Yes thank you