Thomas Judge
Thomas Judge, Lawyer
Experience:  Over 25 years experience in law
27487359

I'm trying to negotiate with a creditor to avoid bankruptcy

Customer Question

Hi I'm trying to negotiate with a creditor to avoid bankruptcy proceedings against me. He is happy to give me more time but states that he believes the bankruptcy law is changing on October 1st and if he doesn't file the papers and if I do not pay he will not have anything to fall back on. I'm also prepared to give a sworn affidavit on this regard so effectively bind myself by law to make the payment to him. Can he use this statement ( affidavit ) against me if I do not pay him( as he believes ). Please advise
Expert:  Thomas Judge replied 1 year ago.
Yes he would be able to rely on the affidavit for any future court proceedings, particularly if you admit the debt within that document. I hope that this helps. Please rate positive.
I hope that helped - can you please rate positive for me