12826847

I bought a car at auction 30th June, with a credit card. There

Customer Question

I bought a car at auction 30th June, with a credit card. There was a drip of oil on the drive and I called a local mechanic, he says the vehicle should never have had an MOT, which was issued on 29th May and valid for one year?
How can I help with this please?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
How do I stand legally as I purchased the vehicle at auction. The vehicle had a valid - until June 2016, MOT. The mechanic who examined the leak advised me that the chassis is rotten and dangerous and that the MOT should never have been issued. Do I claim back my money from the credit card company. I have declared the vehicle SORN and contacted VOSA in respect of the MOT. The mechanic also informed us that the vehicle should not be driven due to the dangerous state it is in. What do you advise. Thanks, Linda.
How was it advertised at auction?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
We just went to the auction to see if there was a car we fancied, there was no advertising involved but described with a years MOT at the time of auction!
I will try to find you an auction specialist.