75100385

There's a website to let people rate their teachers. As this

There's a website to let people rate their teachers. As this includes personally identifiable information might it violate the Data Protection Act by publishing information about teachers? Might it also open the site's owners up to possibly being taken to court for defamation or libel?
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you.
No it does not. Unless it gives personal details, ie as such as the teachers home address or bank details then it is not personal private information. So no, it would not breach the Data Protection Act.
It would only be defamation if something said was untrue, ie the teacher was a thief. If someone just said they didnt like the teacher that is personal opinion.
No different from people posting things in Trip Advisor.

I am just following up to see if there is anything else I can help with?

If you have not done so already might I ask you to rate my answer before you go today please, the button should be at the bottom of the screen.

If you need more help please click reply.