75100385

I had solar panels fitted to my roof by a company on a lease

I had solar panels fitted to my roof by a company on a lease agreement. (I get free electricity during the day and they reap the benefits of power going to the national Grid.
Recently the panels have failed and on trying to contact the "owning" company I have discovered. They have gone into liquidation (Two years ago)
I have sent an email to the administrating solicitors who have failed to reply. I have contacted National Grid who have no records. No one appears to know anything.
I have Not been contacted to be advised that the lease has been passed on to another company or the fact the original owners are no more. Where do I stand? Who now owns the panels?
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you.
When you say 'no more' what do you meant? Out of business? Who is your lease with?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Yes, the company-Solar energy4free went into liquidation about two years ago. It is they who the lease was drawn up with.

Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
So gets the FIT payments?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

As afro as I can work out no one now. I spoke to National Grid who checked out my address and stated they had no details of any payments being made.

Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
What is it you want to achieve?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I want to know where I stand. If the company who originally owned the panels has gone into receivership and having no legal notification that the lease has been passed on. The administrators have made no communication with me in two years since he company folded. Who now owns the panels?

Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
The liquidator owns the panels of the company, the receiver. That is who owns them.
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.

I am just following up to see if there is anything else I can help with?

If you have not done so already might I ask you to rate my answer before you go today please, the button should be at the bottom of the screen.

If you need more help please click reply.